View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Verburg View Post
MFI is very sensitive to exhaust changes, It's just not very fllexible. You may have to have the pump custom modified to suit whatever you end up w/
Or build an MFI test bench and do it myself

I have a 2.7RS space cam which is the commonly used starting point for a large displacement MFI motor (including the factory 3.0RS). I am sure the MFI gurus would like us to think there's some black art to it and they're whittling new custom space cams from fairy dust in their back rooms but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. (edit - would like to be proven wrong on this)

I really should start a thread on the motor build, but the last decision I need to make is camshaft choice. My intake and exhaust paths are pretty well established (with possible exception of primary tube dia), but I need to choose a cam profile for the motor, I am aiming to create a torque curve that is the same shape (but hopefully shifted up on the vertical axis) as that of a 2.7RS. I think that gives me the best chance of hitting the fuel curve the space cam gives me and hopefully keep the tweaking to a minimum.

In other words, building a motor to suit the MFI system, not the other way around. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited by Jonny042; 01-25-2017 at 07:18 AM..
Old 01-25-2017, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)