View Single Post

Garage
Sen. Alan Hays says proof of citizenship isn't necessary to register to vote
By Amy Sherman on Friday, November 4th, 2011 at 9:45 a.m.
Sen. Alan Hays says proof of citizenship isn't necessary to register to vote | PolitiFact Florida
Quote:
The national law does not address the question of proof of citizenship, but each state has its own laws about registration requiring that only citizens vote, according to Bryan Whitener, a spokesman for the U.S. Election Assistance Commission......................

Sen. Alan Hays says proof of citizenship isn't necessary to register to vote | PolitiFact Florida

Quote:
Lastly, we have to consider the experiences of two actual supervisor of elections, who said there is no widespread problem of illegal immigrants registering to vote.

For those reasons, we rate this claim Mostly False.
I would have rated the Senator's comment as mostly true, but a rarity.

I posted this 2011 article to illustrate this issue has been around, and the answer is always the same, it's possible but not found to be a common problem.

The states which have investigated voter fraud have done so at great costs and with few results. As a percentage of the electorate it's like a thousandths of a percent.

If you have something proving otherwise, please post it.

Until proven what you have is an unproven fear.

I already know the conservative mind is fixated on fearful things, no need to re-prove it every day of the week.
George, Architect
Old 01-31-2017, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)