View Single Post

Quick update on where I am with this.

Reset the #1 VE table to 100s, started auto tune using VE table #2. Started with some easy parking lot driving, then round the block a bit, a little highway, some cruising. Have gotten on the turbo hard a couple of times, but haven't really auto tuned long hard pulls through the gears yet. When I was doing the beginning auto tune I did notice a little change in the engine feel. Didn't expect much as we're starting from a pretty good base tune, this is about ensuring fueling with extra boost.

Lessons learned so far:
-Power should come off the delayed action relays as there is an interruption of power when the ignition moves from Crank to Run which was causing problems
-Due to the much higher fuel pressures in the 930 a larger fuel injector is needed in the eWUR. I used a 48lb injector from Five O motorsports. I have still seen some bouncing fuel pressures still, and would probably opt for the next larger injector size
-Grounds are critical, make sure sensor ground used for every sensor, and ground the TPS input also
-Ignition pickup off the TD output on a 6 pin CDI works fine, use VR1+ and leave VR1- floating

In addition I used a sandbag and a small body panel hammer to add an additional 1/4" relief in the heat shield behind the bumper to give a little more gap between it and the top of the AFR sensor.

I'll follow up with some logs shortly.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #748 (permalink)