View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Ok, I have narrowed the problem down to the power feed to the fuel pump relays. Rather than trying to figure out where my overboost relay or bypass is or if the overboost switch is bad, I simply connected pin 85 of the fuel pump relays to ground. This basically eliminates all the down stream components except the fuel pumps themselves. I was not able to power the fuel pumps this way. Since I can put power directly to pins 87 and get the fuel pumps to work, it just means its either the O (pins 86) or P (pins 30) source feeds to the relay that are the issue (O & P from the diagram of posting 61).

This also brings me back to the puzzling voltage I get on fuse 5 & 6 (these are connected together). I consistently read about 0.5V lower on these than the other ones. This is with the car off and ignition off. Why would I get lower voltage? Doesn't make sense. If there was current flow I could understand, but with no current flow the voltage should be the same regardless of any wire corrosion or bad contact. Also, if there was a short or something, my battery would be draining quickly, and its not. I know the power to pins 30 comes from fuse 6 (aka fuse 3, box 1), but can someone tell me where power comes from for pin 86 on the fuel pump relays. The diagram says inlet side of fuse box 1, but I don't know where that is.
83SC Euro w/77 3.0 Carerra Eng.--sold
Several other daily drivers not worth mentioning...

Last edited by jwakil; 02-06-2017 at 04:46 PM..
Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)