View Single Post

I have had bad WUR CP pulsing just like you experience here. I had it before my UTCIS install, then it went away. Then it came back with the injector version of the UTCIS. I could feel the pulsing in the WUR lines. The airplate had a fast vibration to it. (In response). If I put my finger on the airplate it stopped and everything was stable. Until I blipped the throttle and the system tried to adjust again. This was an issue with the UTCIS and injector parameters as far as we could determine. UT concluded my fuel head had a lot less leakage than their test unit - which did not exhibit this behaviour. We tried a few tweeks to fix it, but it never went away. The unit went back to UT, never to be seen again. But it would seem like a mis calibration of injector function in the CP line? I don't know what set the earlier pulsing off, when I was originally working on the engine. But the pulsing exhibited an off note in the engine (mixture) and the tach behaved oddly - I can't remember the exact symptom, but I could tell inside the car from the tach when this pulsing state had begun. It will be very bad for the WUR and fuel head diaphragms.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 02-08-2017, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #759 (permalink)