View Single Post

Garage
OK, here's some more data.

First, I reset VE table 2 to 100s and set both VE and AFR tables to the same size, 12x12
Auto tune is off and EGO correction authority set to 0

Temp is in the 40fís and the car hasn't been started in a couple of days. Thoroughly cold soaked. Here's the first start through the top of the WUR curve. I don't touch the throttle at all until the final blip which makes the idle speed drop. I just turn the key. Car starts perfectly on the 1st crank. No pulsing in RPM noticeable to the ear or on the factory RPM needle.

resetVE1stColdStart.msl

Next I shut the car off and as quickly as I could reset logging in TS I attempt to start it again. There are two log files for this as it didnít start until 3rd crank. Once started it idles nicely at 14.2 AFR and 950-1000RPM. The RPM fluctuations in the logs are small enough that they are not reflected on less sensitive stock gauge or heard in RPM.

Still don't know why the previous auto-tune attempt made such drastic changes in the idle bins when its almost exactly what the AFR targets are.

immediateWarmCrankNoStart.msl
3rdCrankWarmStart.msl

Then I let the car sit for 5 minutes with the rear hatch closed. Everything should be warm now, probably not what you'd call "hot" though. Car started on the 1st crank but with a highish idle. Did not appear to display the creeping idle I saw previously on any of these starts.

5minSoakWarmStart.msl

Now I'm going to start the autotune process over, but set the minimum RPM for the auto-tune to 1,300 RPM. I'm going to lead the fuel load 0-400.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #766 (permalink)