View Single Post

Motor overhaul and update with Sleepers Speed Shop (ITB's, AEM, etc)

Hey Fellas,

Like most of you I've been reading all the ITB posts the last couple months and have been very intrigued. I have been toying with imports for 20 years so individual throttle bodies, modern fuel injection and programmable ECU's are very common and much easier to sort.

I finally bit the bullet and decided to go for it. And by go for it I mean take it all the way. We'll be building the motor, including ITB's, which will be monitored by an AEM Infinity unit.

I'll document what I can

Last week I dropped off my guards red SC with Sleepers Speed Shop in Costa Mesa. The owners, Mark and Len, are awesome. Mark has been in and around P cars for 15 years. Len is an ex-drag racer, killer fabricator and also builds cafe racers. They also have a number of skilled, younger fabricators. Old school souls with new school skills.

Today we pulled the motor. No surprises thankfully.

Next week I'll be back with some disassembly photos

Big thanks to Clay at Closed Course Motorsports, Andrew at Rasant and Al at X-Faktor for answering a bunch of questions for me the last 3 months!

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan H; 02-11-2017 at 08:00 AM..
Old 02-10-2017, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)