View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
'87 slant conversion I bought last year has no relays, red covered aircraft toggle next to the key. Flip it on, pumps start, turn the key. Flip it off, engine shuts off. No air meter switch, don't get in a wreck.
I suppose you could put in one of those mercury switches you used to find in old thermostats. At least you can have it cut off if the car was more than, say, 45 from the horizontal :-)

On a more practical note, Summit and various other places have inertia switches, I'd put a relay in and use the manual switch to power the relays and put the inertia switch in line with it to interrupt the power to the fuel pump relay in the event of a bump.

I put one in the plane after Kyle and Amanda Franklin's accident a few years ago (survivable crash, she died because the smoke oil pump kept on pumping). Easy to install, place it in the the circuit between the power supply and pin 86 (I think, power supply to the coil). Hard to trip accidentally (rough road won't do it for example) but any crash would certainly do it.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)