View Single Post

Garage
ok some more progress.

I kept thinking about the fact that I'd see different AFR's under exactly the same engine operating parameters (all the ones I have sensor on), MAP, RPM, CLT, OAT, MAT, CP etc etc and thinking "There's no reason why the AFR should be different".

So, I started futzing with the harness for the WBO2, turns out there was a weak crimp, when I moved it, the AFR would jump a point or two. Anyway, re-crimped the connector and so far have not been able to reproduce the pulsing. Don't have much time on it yet, so not conclusive but at least strongly suggestive.

If that is in fact fixed, the only remaining issue is hot starts. They are awful. Typically takes 3-4 cranks to get it going, and only if I really crank it for a long time. Changed the min eWUR duty cycle as suggested, no difference at all.

Steve, any further ideas on this?

My understanding is the accumulator in the fuel line is intended to keep pressure on the fuel system after the engine is shut off for a while to prevent boiling of fuel in the lines and help with hot starts. Do you think that has anything to do with it? I don't think that mine is bad, certainly hot starts with the stock WUR were not a problem at all.

Let me know what logs I can collect or tests I can perform to resolve this last bug. I'm in San Fran for RSA Conference this week, I can play with it some more when I return.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #770 (permalink)