View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
That's a great idea with the inertia switch. I don't like driving it with this setup and am going to re-engineer the whole circuit with good relays, not these Porsche ones. But that is in the future along with EFI. Worst case scenario with this setup is you get in a wreck, engines stalls and you can't flip off the pumps, fuel line is broken, pumps keep pumping and it's crispy critter time.
Exactly. I think it would be an easy think to do, an afternoon's work. You could easily convert the current circuit so the manual switch controls a relay that provides power to the pumps instead of directly, and then add the inertia switch inline with the manual switch. The only think you need to make sure is the inertia switch is firmly fixed to the frame of the vehicle.

This is actually the one I use.

When you say "aircraft switch" is if the Carling G series? Or the Potter Brumfield switches with the built in circuit breaker? The right switch spec should handle 30A without problem, but the PB switch breakers have gotten a bit of a rep for failing in the field due to internal mechanical issues with the woven copper "wire" that flexes when you actuate the switch. I like the Carling G series personally, have switched everything to that.

Last edited by flightlead404; 02-12-2017 at 08:40 PM..
Old 02-12-2017, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)