View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
MT2thDOC,
I fully understand your frustration, but I can also sympathize with the Porsche Classics division. From a pricing model, generating profit from the production of parts for early cars is a no-brainer, but in terms of researching vehicle provenance, what's in it for them? I think PCNA is partly to blame since the CoA pricing model doesn't take into account custom work that was undertaken by the Sunderwunsch group.
Keep in mind the Werk I facility not only did the body work, but they also had a drivetrain facility which performed special engine modifications requested by customers for the Sonderwunsch cars. I imagine somewhere buried in those records are mods based on engine serial ID. I have had zero luck, thus far, regarding the 330BHP optioned engine in my slant and yet I know based on the information gathered during my rebuild, it was built up from Porsche custom parts.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1167 (permalink)