View Single Post

WERK I,
I agree. I was able to get confirmation that on my model, the fiberglass work was NOT done at WERK I. The front dam with the twin lights had to be contracted out to another division (this is where it gets sketchy). Each dam was fabricated individually and placed on the car then gapped and refinished prior to paint. Most of these dams ripped off or fractured as soon as the car was "tracked". Consequently, many have been replaced or just cut-off and remoded.
Interestingly, I also have the 330 BHP engine in mine. The engine was available early in 82 (as far as I can tell) but my chassis is an 81. I believe the custom body work took long enough that this engine was available by the time the car was going through final assembly. This car is really a mishmash of the 2 model years (again, probably due to Zuffhausen and fabrication time) and is really an odd girl. The original owner actually raced LeMans and had the car set-up to track. By the time the car delivered he had bought a Ferrari (HERESY!!) and the slant just sat around only driven once in a while. I have a stack of old Xerox copies of all the paperwork that is being laminated to prevent any further degrading. Also, digital copies. Someday, I'll get the info on this car (or my grandkids might)!

Last edited by MT2thDOC; 02-16-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Old 02-16-2017, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1168 (permalink)