View Single Post

onboost,
Interesting story on the history of the CoA program. Never had heard that. I do understand the issues with Porsche not really gaining anything by spending a lot of time and money to do the records archive. But, being of German descent myself, it is the "German" thing to do ! LOL! Having done a significant amount of research into the WERKS Zuffhausen factory, it really seems kind of "wild west" back in the day. Seems if you could imagine it and had the cash, Porsche would build it! Actually saw a copy of a modification that looked as if it had been drawn on the back of a bar napkin. Not to mention that the "American" thing to do is mod a car the minute you get the chance. My 996 looks nothing like the day it was delivered! But, I digress.
I would think with the prestige of the marque, and the rising values (especially on the old forced induction cars), Porsche would see the value in providing this information. The Porsche owners I know are all very loyal and tend to own more than one car.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1170 (permalink)