View Single Post

Hot Start Issue - More Clues

OK, I have some more data and repeatable behavior. I really don't think this is an issue with pressure holding the eWUR injector closed, I think its a computer/software issue or maybe something that can be solved with settings somewhere.

I've just done 30 hot starts, both starting as fast as I can restart logging in Tuner studio (~20) and some where I let it sit 5 mins after running Aka hot soaking (~10). The same behavior is repeatable with no difference between immediate and hot soak.

Note when I say "immediate start" I don't mean turning the key from off to crank. In all cases I have to go to run, start logging, then crank.

The behavior is this: If the computer is allowed to power off and back on again, the next hot start will not work. It will crank, catch, then die. If the computer is kept powered up between starts the engine starts beautifully.

Also, I note that pre-start the CP is reading in the 310 kpa range, during cranking it spikes to a high number, then after cranking returns to its roughly 310 kpa point. I believe we are seeing a voltage drop out during cranking which is causing a false sensor indication.

After reviewing the logs, the above statement is incorrect. Pre-start in all cases the actual CP is around 265-270. The spiking behavior is different between starts and no start attempts. Details below
Logs later.

Last edited by flightlead404; 02-19-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Old 02-19-2017, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #779 (permalink)