View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I have put the entire package together twice now and have been contacted by clients who wanted to do the same to their engines. So twice built twice sold and still not on my 930. Both clients were EFI so I cannot use their dyno data as I am sticking with CIS. My estimate is that full engine management of EFI and ignition will gain 50-75 HP at the wheels over MSD and CIS. The focus becomes drivability; it's not difficult to make power with these engines but it is more difficult to tune in off-boost torque with huge heads and big cams. That is really where electronic engine management has it's greatest advantage in my opinion. Could be we end up with electronic ignition control but fuel will remain CIS as I want to see what I can get out of it just for my own curiosity.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)