View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
This one will need some experimentation, and the below suppositions are based on tid-bits of information across the site here

With it connected - as long as the results are consistent between activations and the FV tune accommodates it, having it connected can only have one possible downside that I can think of. And that is the possibility of the lower control pressure allowing the air plate and control piston to extend past max travel and start leaning out.

With it disconnected - control pressure and therefore air plate movement should be restricted and the Frequency Valve would then be the sole controller of mixture variations.
I put it back in yesterday. I did have to change the base mixture setting, but I expected that as I set the control pressure in tuner studio based on a idealized model of the WUR, not the actual WUR. I connected the WUR to the manifold pressure line thinking that it gives a reasonable base tune, and can use the FV to do +/- over that. Started with all 100s in the VE2 table and started some tuning.

So far, starting issues seem to have gone away.

I may try and fab up a fitting to monitor control pressure.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #796 (permalink)