View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The shop we used to dyno test our exhaust systems does. I want to do this one myself and planned to cobble together 6 AFR gages so I could tune the fuel distributor while the engine was running. It may not be feasible but I'd like to try it. I have all the parts needed and the O2 bungs are already in the header primaries. Course at this rate it may be a while before I have time.

That bank F/A can difficult to monitor and expensive.
Wanted to offer the aircraft world has combined gauges for 6 cylinder air-cooled motors that displays 6 EGT plus one TIT in side by side bar form. It will switch to give you CHT in bar form comparison

Not F/A however these are the long established standards for air-cooled performance and monitoring as they have the same problems with air manifolds and MFI not taylored to each cylinder in factory builds.

If our old friend Bob Farmer would share his findings relating to 911 cooling distribution and his fixes this would be of great helping holding CHTs equal for maximum spark advancing.
Anyway with CHT on all 6 you'll have this to consider also.

Last edited by copbait73; 02-26-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-26-2017, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)