View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
That bank F/A can difficult to monitor and expensive.
Wanted to offer the aircraft world has combined gauges for 6 cylinder air-cooled motors that displays 6 EGT plus one TIT in side by side bar form. It will switch to give you CHT in bar form comparison

Not F/A however these are the long established standards for air-cooled performance and monitoring as they have the same problems with air manifolds and MFI not taylored to each cylinder in factory builds.

If our old friend Bob Farmer would share his findings relating to 911 cooling distribution and his fixes this would be of great helping holding CHTs equal for maximum spark advancing.
Anyway with CHT on all 6 you'll have this to consider also.
Its pretty easy to tell what the AFR for a particular cylinder is based on observed EGT delta from peak EGT. The difficulty is knowing where peak EGT is. To tell that, you need to be able to adjust mixture slowly for a given load/throttle/temp until you see the EGT peak. Actually, its better to go from the lean side of peak and richen as that keeps you out of the danger zone more than leaning from the rich side.

I suppose you could take the same approach with 6 WBO2 sensors, although it sounds like way overkill to me. But what's the value?

I could see where that would help for trimming individual injectors to get that last ounce of power from an EFI setup, but I don't see the value for CIS, just setting equal flow would surely be accurate enough. I'm guessing that optimizing flow at one throttle setting will not be optimized for another.

Last edited by flightlead404; 02-27-2017 at 07:14 AM..
Old 02-27-2017, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)