Thread: Ken's 911E
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kghjr View Post
Hi Kristoph, Sorry about delayed response. I'm practically done. I just got the brace out today and cleaned it up. The old bushings can be drilled out and discarded. The new ones are split like a bagel and require no pressing, they slide right in.

I bought two sets of bushings by accident, want one? I'm try to figure out the difference of characteristics of polyurethane (Rebel) vs polygraphite (Pelican) to decide which set to use. For everyday use, I doubt there is significant differences.

these are the Pelican poly-grqphite

I've been reading both your threads with keen interest, Ken - fascinating story!
I'm curious which transmission mounts you ended up using, Pelican or Rebel Racing? I contacted Clint at Rebel after seeing your post about their mounts and he tells me the Pelican polygraphite (made by Rebel) is for the 915 transmission mount and that they were not able to fit them in the 901 crossbar properly. I will order their 901 mounts for my 1970 911T, unless you tell me Pelican ones, which are less expensive, fit fine!

Last edited by 911T70; 02-27-2017 at 11:30 AM..
Old 02-27-2017, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)