Thread: Ken's 911E
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911T70 View Post
I've been reading both your threads with keen interest, Ken - very interesting story!
I'm curious which transmission mounts you ended up using, Pelican or Rebel Racing? I contacted Clint at Rebel after seeing your post about their mounts and he tells me the Pelican polygraphite (made by Rebel) is for the 915 transmission mount and that they were not able to fit them in the 901 crossbar properly. I will order their 901 mounts for my 1970 911T, unless you tell me Pelican ones, which are less expensive, fit fine!
I'm too impulsive, I did not want to wait for the Rebel poly urethane and I had the Pelican poly graphite in hand, so I installed them. They fit right in. I'll put the Rebels in the redundant parts bin with the extra set of motor mounts.

You'll notice a previous post advising graphite is a softer ride than urethane, so I think I lucked out. I don't notice any difference in the ride, but there is no question the old ones were all worn out.

I had to destroy the old ones by drilling them out around the edge of the metal, like a dotted line around the center. They do not come out easily. The new ones fit perfectly.

A little tricky getting it back on. First, attach the two long transmission stud nuts loosely, then start each of the ends, torque them down, finish with the back studs, torque all four down.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning 40 years of gunk off the parts, which I should have done after I took it off. Important not to have any weight on the jack under the trans, just support to take the pressure off the support brace.

'69 911E
one family
385,000 miles
Old 02-27-2017, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)