View Single Post

It would appear that the CPS harness could be part of your problem. Normally, there is 1 underlying problem that originally causes these cars to stop running. After time in storage and not running, those causes multiply.

At the very least, fix that harness and verify that the wires are connected to the CPS correctly.

Next, I would remove all the injectors and clean them with a Mityvac hooked to the top of the injector drawing a vacuum, a power source hooked to the injector connector with a switch to toggle power off and on, and a bucket of Berryman's B-12. Initially, the injectors will not suck the Berryman's through the injector, but let it work it's magic and toggle the power and it will open those injectors up.
....Or, you can just send the injectors off to be cleaned and flow-matched by Witchunters, Cruz Perfomance, or someone you may know locally.

The EZF on these cars is very stable and I would be very surprised if, in fact, it was the cause of your non-starting issue.

The LH is a completely different story, however.

Have you replaced the 3 relays for the injectors(XVI), ignition/starter(XIV), and fuel pump (XVII)?

I normally replace the relay with a switched jumper on the fuel pump relay circuit to remove that as a possible cause the car won't start while I'm troubleshooting. You can do the same with the injector relay.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)

Last edited by stepson; 03-09-2017 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: correction for posterity
Old 03-02-2017, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)