View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924CarreraGTP View Post
Okay, thanks to Stepson I figured out that I did not have the LH fuel injection relay jumped correctly. So I jumped it between 30-86-87 and then proceeded to crank the car with the fuel pump jumped and a brand new relay for the EZF. The car is firing now, but still not starting. The jumper should be from terminal 30 to terminal 87. Three prong jumper on 84US and earlier cars that used specific relay
Unfortunately the fuel injection is still not getting power to the rail connectors for some reason. I cleaned the injection grounds on the camshafts, but I'm still not getting power to the fuel injector plugs. Do I have to test the injectors while cranking or am I correct that the key just has to be on for the fuel injection rails to have power? Key just has to be on. Isn't there a cutoff for the fuel injection when the system senses unburned gasoline? Not on 84. Only on 89 and newer
I'm sure the fuel injectors will need to be cleaned and I don't expect it to come to life yet, but I do need to have power at the rails. The car seems to be firing pretty well and it feels so close to just coming to life and idling. It will even fire in two constant bursts and seem like it's going to stay running, but still doesn't. Like I said it feels like it's flooded. I'm going to keep playing with it, and cleaning grounds. If I can get some power to the fuel rails, I'll then pull the injectors and clean them. So let me know what you guys think.
Questions answered in paragraph
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)

Last edited by stepson; 03-09-2017 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: correction for posterity
Old 03-06-2017, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)