View Single Post
Jeff NJ Jeff NJ is offline
Registered User
 
Jeff NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 1,083
My opinion: your thought is to pre-empt a blown motor by rebuilding it before it needs it because if it does blow down the road, the costs may go up to where you cant afford it. I get that. However, waiting a year or two isn't going to dramatically change the costs of a rebuild. Drive the car now. Put a few thousand miles on it. Push it. Spend some time on boost and enjoy what you have. If the motor is about to grenade, and does, you are then spending the $20k you want to spend today in the next year or two and you are no worse for wear. If it doesn't and all is well, you have saved $20k.

Take your $20k and put it in some sort of investment vehicle so that it appreciates and if you need to spend $30k in 7 or 8 years, you have the money already. If you sell before it needs a rebuild, that $20k saved is the same as $20k earned (actually more if you invest it).

I guess I just don't see the risk of waiting if the motor is healthy today. You can and should enjoy the 930 as you want to right now.
__________________
1988 930 Venetian Blue

Last edited by Jeff NJ; 03-15-2017 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)