View Single Post
boosted79 boosted79 is online now
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,333
I had some time to work on the fuel head some more. I installed the Salvox diaphram and sealed it with thinned aviation sealer. That stopped the weeping that I was seeing from #1 and #6 with a closed plate because of minor dimpling on those two ports. I bumped the system pressure to 6.8B and the boost enrichment to 2.4B. CCP is still 1.9 at 65 and WCP is 3.6.

I ran probably twenty tests to get the injector flows balanced. Rather than relying on visuals of the fuel level in the bottles I weighed the bottles on my precision scale to determine the net grams of fuel (each empty bottle weighed exactly 7.6g, pretty amazing). I set up a spreadsheet with a graph to keep track of the changes. Here is where I ended up and think I will call it good. I ran three tests here to make sure the patterns were similar. I set #2 and #5 4% higher than the avg of the others because of the higher airflow they get from the pancake manifold. I don't know if that is too much or not, I'll do plug checks once I get it running. These are at WOT, that is where flow balance is most critical.

One thing to be aware of. If you have to remove an injector line to get at the adjuster you have to do a purge to get the air out of that line before you start the test otherwise the results won't be accurate. Hook it up, push down the plate and wait until the injector is spraying continuously, empty all the bottles and start the test.

Re. the Indian head shellac that Salvox recommends. If you've ever had to remove a part that has that crap on it you will be cursing whoever invented it. I think the only thing that cuts it when dry is 1,1,1, trichlor. The aviation stuff is more forgiving because it doesn't fully dry, it's essentially thinned permatex #2.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)