View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyclyde View Post
Shouldn't the focus of this whole post shift to the facts that are established. The engine appears to be better than good and healthy and the owner is paranoically imagining scenarios not entered into evidence . And everything would be answered with a simple compression and leak down test. And I'd venture to say that all of the shops he is shopping are either crooked or incompetent for not ordering the leakdown and compression tests before agreeing to whatever they are wanting to do
Compression and Leak-down tests are an invaluable tools, but don't leave out mandatory visual and auditory inspections. A simple "tick" sound can be misinterpreted as a mechanical noise and actually be an exhaust leak. For those who have worked on these engines, this is common sense.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)