View Single Post

Long story here, but I recently went through a similar thing because I had the idle mixture so far out of adjustment and was doing a fuel pressure test and it opened the injectors when I turned on the fuel pumps. By the time I got the mixture adjustment screwed out to stop the injectors, the cylinders were probaby filled.

So first, I pulled the yellow relay so the pumps wouldn't fire, unplugged the wire from the coil to the distributer so it wouldnt spark and tried cranking it with a battery that was a bit run down (less torque this way). It probably only turned an eighth of a rotation or less and stopped, but I didn't hear those clicks like you had on your video.
Then I pulled all six plugs and then turned over the motor. Gas shot everywhere. I did that a few times to try to get as much gas out as I could.
Then I drained the oil. Serious gas sheen in the oil. I opened as many things as I could to get air inside the crankcase ( plugs, hoses, etc)to aid in evaporation of the gas and let it sit overnight.
Then the next day I put new cheap castrol 20w-50 dino oil in, sprayed some fogger in each cylinder since the gas may have washed the oil from the cylinders, put the plugs back in and fired it up. I didn't get it get to temp so the thermostat wouldn't open and then changed the oil again to the good stuff.

Worked fine.

So make sure your fuel pumps won't fire, pull the plugs and turn it over and see what happens, then do what I did to clean up the mess if it was gas.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)