View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Yes time to get out the electrical troubleshooting equipment, the stuff I loath most about old cars, and the trade I most suck at.
The brown wire is a shade tree mechanic add-on, it isn't supposed to be there. The color may not mean anything other than that is what was handy at the time.
Don't let it intimidate you. The brown wire has a factory appearance. The green with crimped connectors is obviously NOT. If the wiring diagram is not color coded it is easy to mistake a wire back to ground as a power delivery wire when it is not. Go to Hobby Lobby and get a large set of color markers and mark up just the wires you are interested in. May help reduce your stress.
Work the basics, you say you have fuel (hear pumps) so it is ignition. Not to much to this old system once you highlight what powers it.
Hey guys- How does he have pumps if not cranking? Isn't there a switch on your level of CIS to detect mass flow before pumps can run?
Wish I was closer to help you out.

Last edited by copbait73; 03-29-2017 at 06:43 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #666 (permalink)