View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
^^^

***forum dating***

SBK, to follow up on what I mentioned earlier about how I can relate; years ago, I bought a brand new, 3K based turbocharger, and it lasted about 5 minutes before blowing oil similar to how yours is. I sent it back to the manufacturer, he blamed me for the failure (damaged bearings which destroyed the seals), and charged me for a new bearing assembly (at a much reduced cost, however), and the turbo has worked flawlessly ever since (about 7 years or so). I am sure that I did not damage the bearings, but not much I could do about it since I had so much money already tied up in the thing. My guess, is that it was not balanced correctly upon assembly and that destroyed the bearings right away. I bet that is the same situation with yours, as well.
Thanks mate,
Mine will be on a truck on its way back come Monday as I too have too much $$$$ put into it already. And any company should honour their work if they are to be reputable.
I just can not understand the rebuilder suggesting that if I have 60psi or greater oil pressure in the feed to the turbo I should restrict it.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)