View Single Post
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Looking good, DND.

A couple things I thought I'd mention:

1) Hard () to tell exactly from your pic, butt it appears that the metal housing for your fuse & relay panel is bolted directly to the tub - it is supposed to be set away from the tub, by about 4-5mm, with round, nylon spacers that are held in place by the mounting screws. Those help with vibration and also space the wires away from the sheet metal a little bit. I also added rubber washers to the spacers in order to further help with vibration. The long, bottom, corner screw (the one nearest the brake booster) uses a much longer, nylon spacer in order to make the fuse panel sit nice and square.

2) I don't remember if this has been brought up in your thread, butt if not, you really must add an inline fuse just prior to the front condenser motor. That is one of the components that Porsche stupidly did not fuse, and if the motor binds up and draws enough amps to catch fire, the outcome is not desirable. I know that your motor is brand new, but it sure is better to be safe than sorry, regardless.

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 04-02-2017 at 11:38 PM..
Old 04-02-2017, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)