View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
That's exactly correct and why plumbing it backwards lowers your rpm because it retards, rather than advances timing. Getting that circuit working and the vacuum going through that solenoid really helped my car run better at cold start.

I would fix that before you do more pulls because the way you have it plumbed, that vac port on the distributor is closed at all times once warm. Not sure if dangerous or not, but you may lose some boost retard at WOT??
Got it plumbed the correct way. Confirmed that on a cold start for a second or two (its 90f in the hangar today) the RPM is around 1,200 then suddenly cuts down to 950 where I've set it.

However, that has not changed the low RPM lumpy idle on hot some hot starts. Its a bit difficult to figure out the exact behavior, but I'm thinking this is the same problem I had with the eWUR installed, only perhaps to a lesser degree. That is, a very high control pressure right at starting, that gives me a very lean mixture, causing a lean stumble. Once a little of that pressure has bled off, the system can manage back to where its supposed to be.

So, the question is, what could cause that? Moving to a separate thread as its pretty clear to me now this isn't a FrankenCIS issue.

Last edited by flightlead404; 04-29-2017 at 02:03 PM..
Old 04-29-2017, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #824 (permalink)