View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
There are "Advanced Settings" on the right of the Auto Tune screen that can restrict the area it has authority. Keeping it away from the lower RPMs is a good idea.

100 is indeed the ideal value for the cells with manual adjustment of the air plate screw to get idle mixture correct

Yes, VE is the primary actor in the FrankenCIS core calculations and directly affects the Frequency Valve duty, EGO etc. simply alters the output by a percentage of VE if necessary.
Success!!

This latest issue was entirely due to me having a large step between two cells in the VE2 table. I simply put all 100's in the relevant cells and the hot and cold starting appears to be perfect. I'll get it really hot in the next couple of days and double check, but that looks to be the problem.

Thanks Steve for the assist there, and now I've learned something new.

I have a fitting on the way that will let me connect the digital pressure sensor into the fuel line with the stock WUR in place. I'll use that to see if that weird high pressure situation is still happening. I might be able to use it to collect data to see how my WUR actually behaves rather than how the manual says it should behave. That data may be useful if I try the eWUR again.

Steve, what do you think about trying the eWUR again now some of these other issues have been put to bed? The one advantage I can think of with the eWUR is that by using VE1 I can program a smooth mixture transition as boost comes on, rather than the step that's in the stock vaccuum driven WUR. That might make the lambda valve do less work.

Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2017, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #844 (permalink)