View Single Post

Garage
Mag. case for Porsche Historic Racing.

Gents.

Running the Historic class here in Europe, where the cars must have HTP - Historic Technical Passport - to be as authentic in the class.

I am running the Porsche 911 2.3 ST 1971, and Porsche did race these cars with the mag. cases and therefore we have to. But this was 46 years ago.

Now we are struggling with finding some useable cases and make them stand the task.

When we find some useable cases the pricey bit is all the machine work that goes into make them to racing engines.

But now we are seeing some of these mag. cases are becoming more and more fragile and the chance of cracks in these cases after 1 or 2 season is getting more and frequently.

You would say, why not find some Alu. cases like the 930 or the 911 1965-1968 alu. cases but this is not allow because of the rule of HTP.

Now there is a rule that states if the "part canīt be found and if the factory donīt make or selling this part, A corresponding part can be produced with similar dimensions - appearance and function".

So i was thinking is there anybody how are making the 2.2 mag. cases in alu. - i donīt think so.

It wouldnīt be cheap, but can this be done.? and is there anyone who any experience about this.

Thanks - Cheers - Olsen911.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)