View Single Post
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Yo', DND, I want to clarify something, that looking back at my posts, is a bit misleading; when I said "no pedal pump needed at all", I was talking about not needing to do any traditional, "press the pedal with bleeder valves open" bleeding if using the pressure method. BUTT whenever a brake system has been opened, and especially when components like the calipers have been removed and disassembled, you will have to work the pedal some, with bleeders closed, to settle the caliper pistons into position and possibly get slugs of trapped air moving. Sorry for the poor wording on my part (I always call the traditional bleeding method the "pedal pump method").

In other words, you pressure bleed the entire system first, followed by pumping the pedal vigorously () a few times to test how it feels (), settle the pistons and push possible trapped air along, and then re-bleed the system. And repeat as necessary until you have a very firm () brake pedal.

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 05-16-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Old 05-16-2017, 11:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #301 (permalink)