View Single Post

Garage
lol
ok guys sorry for the miss understandings.

first it was the previous week i was talking about ie the Friday before the weekend when i posted my reply.

i had two sets of alloys. the original and the an aftermarket set. my aftermarket set were buckled according to 3 different garages. the last garage being Porsche.

hence i took my original set to porsche and told them to fit those and see if the shaking of the steering wheel would stop. which it did.

so i asked them to refurbish the alloys for me and reinstate the tyre pressure monitoring system. That's when they told me the cost of 3000 plus to get the monitoring system back up and running. so i said no to that and just refurb the alloys and leave them on.

That's when they told me they could not refurb them unless they took out the monitoring system in the rims and weld the hole shut. I just wanted my car back fixed so i gave them the go ahead.

sorry for all the confusion and i hope that clears up my problem.
if i had the correct information before i gave them the go ahead to weld. i would have just stopped and taken the car back and tried sorting out the monitoring system first then got the rims refurbed at the same time.

as i said earlier i think Porsche should have advised me better
Old 05-17-2017, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)