View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmandue View Post
Could you elaborate more on the eco-boost turbo 4 diving experience, if it were not for the direct injection would you consider buying one?

I ask because I am mildly interested, won't be buying for years but they have my attention.

I only drove the eco-boost 4 cylinder car on a 45 mph highway for a couple of miles and then on a backroad at 35 mph for another couple of miles. The 6 cylinder car I drove the same route and then jumped on the interstate for about 5 miles out of town then the 5 miles back. Seeing as how both these cars had only 3 or 4 miles total on the odometers, I didn't stomp down on them looking for horsepower. I imagine a lot of the difference in the road noise was due to the eco-boost car having better tires than the Hankooks on the V-6 car. Not that Hankooks are bad tires, there are just better tires out there.

Would I buy the eco-boost 4 cylinder car if it wasn't direct injection? Probably not. Like they say, "there's no replacement for displacement" and I just can't see a turbocharged 2.3 liter inline engine that makes 320 HP in a 3500 lb. car living a long easy life as compared to the 3.7 liter normally aspirated V-6.

Coffee anyone?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)