View Single Post

Those gauges work pretty well, and the numbers you have quoted sound about right. Clutching at straws. Remember, the brains trust correctly stated oil pressure not the problem.
Not sure why you are chasing for leakdown numbers. But your TDC marks start at Z1 (TDC #1 firing) then at 120 deg intervals on the timing pulley you will find another notch. This is your next TDC - as per the firing order. Rotate with pulley spanner on pulley nut (all plugs out). When at the mark apply the compressor pressure for the leakdown unit. I use 100psi and calibrate off the first gauge. There is a warning here - if the engine is not right on TDC it might want to rotate suddenly. But I have never had it do this and no longer even hold the pulley spanner in case.
I have a home built leakdown unit. Am not in NZ right now, back early July. If you are still stuck, will post it to you.
But I seriously think you have come to the end of the road with these turbo guys. As before, I would contact the Perth guy, or Turbokraft or Brian. I have dealt with both the latter, as have heaps here. You will not have these issues. Yes it costs more, and the freight is a killer. But they deal with these items all the time and know the problems, and the unit will come trouble free. Having said that I had a trashed 7006 recently rebuilt here by my local turbo guy, who is no dummy, and no issues.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-04-2017, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)