View Single Post

Getting ready to drop $20,000 on engine overhaul

Got my 930 back Saturday.

The repair bill came to $24,000.
But I was only charged $19,700 as we had a verbal agreement to call me if the bill exceeded $19,000 and he lost track of the hours logged in his shop / the parts list kept growing as at one time more than one mechanic was doing different projects on the car.

He's a stand up guy. The total project took over a 120 man hours but I was only charged for 80.

The car drives amazing. Its not the same car.
Handles tight (bushings replaced) rides smooth.

Engine/Clutch/Pedal operation/Handling are so vastly improved its almost hard to believe not only it's the same car but that a 930 could drive this well. These cars really are quite good when properly sorted!

Starting the engine it now idles at 800 rpm instead of 1200 rpm.

Wow does the rebuilt pedal assembly and new flywheel,ring gear,clutch cable,engine mounts,clutch assembly operated with amazing smoothness.

Widows all work perfect and are very rapid in operation.

I have a fully functional NOS blaupunkt CR 3001H. Something I never had before. A fully working radio. What a change!

Brand new H4s are amazing and beautiful you'll see in the pictures below.

The above it not even 1/10 of the work done but those are the ones that I get most excited about.

Car drives unbelievably good. I mean unbelievable. I'm going to say it again unbelievable.

Like new.

On to a disappointment though..

I got a HUGE rock chip underneath my brand new drivers side a H4..

Yes now I'm kinda sick.. $10,000 + paint job ruined. That's what happens when you drive on the free way..

I'm not sure what to do about it. I put touch up paint over it. I don't want to take it to a body shop as I don't want my 930 laying around in a body shop.

Yes I'm kinda heart sick about this one..

Last edited by 93097004xx; 06-05-2017 at 08:14 PM..
Old 06-05-2017, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)