View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2thDOC View Post
So, I had told WERK I about this and had decided to wait to see if I got any more info on my 82 Flachbau. Since Porsche is being absolutely ZERO help, here is what I learned.
Some quick background: car was ordered in 6/81, original owner saw the very first Flachbau getting ready to come off the line. This cart ordered the next day. Delivered 3/82
While attending Rennsport V, I ran into several high level folks in the classics division. We (myself and the other 2 owners of this car) have had nothing but difficulties getting any info about build numbers, sequence and frankly anything else out of Porsche, I thought I'd try in person. Showed photos of my car (which was sitting around the corner) to the reps and asked for help. They both smiled and stated, "we know that car". HUH?!? This car or this production model?!? After much back and forth, I asked them straight out, "how many of these were fabricated?". Both answered in unison, "oh, maybe 10". TEN!!! I've always read somewhere between 30 and 40 (depending on the source). I was then told that Porsche FOUND THE OLD RECORDS. Yep, we were always told the records were lost/gone/destroyed. Nope. They found "boxes" of old records from Zuffhausen in an unused basement room and hadn't had the time to sort or archive them yet. The boxes were unsorted with files placed randomly and no sense of date or any order at all. This is NOT urban legend. I personally spoke with these 2 reps. After multiple assurances that they had an older tech who was near retirement and loved going through old records, they would be in contact with more info. Well, as usual, after many emails back and forth, I got ANOTHER COA stating "slant nose body modification". Geez, thanks, I have 3 already. This seems to be Porsches way off telling you to go away. Wanted to get this out into the conversation so other owners of these Special Wishes cars know that the records do exist. Good luck every getting any info!
My "baby" getting ready for Rennsport V.
OMG, i love it
Old 06-11-2017, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1179 (permalink)