View Single Post

Getting ready to drop $20,000 on engine overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
good one, MikeD! And yeah Jeff... I hear ya... I've got a few good chips, mostly from WOT and DE's - well earned and deserved!

Even have some self inflicted ones... like the one on my passenger front arch from innocently walking past it in the garage and my wedding ring swinging down into it inadvertently... d'oh. Or the one on the other front lip from rolling my fenders... whoops. Bah, battle scars make us tougher 8-).

clear bra FTMFL IMO... I'd 1000000% rather have stone chips than a stupidass "line" across my hood and the crappy looking orange peel look underneath - have it on my //S6 and loathe it

ROFLMAO Jacob... good one!

Now... Tim's my hero here... 100k WOT 930 miles... WINNING! I've put 30k on mine in 10yrs. For me it's more a balance of using it enough to keep it happy (under usage being THE WORST THING you can do for your car afterall) and not using it too much where it's going to need a $$$ rebuild too soon.

At some time your going to need to park your 930. Wax it and give it the attention it needs.

I have spent days and days attending to 4 inch x 4 inch sections with a soft toothbrush and very soft rag.

I full well know what it takes to bring a car back after it's been driven daily. It could take years and years of detailing before a car can even think about the lawn at the local car show.

I'm still learning about detailing. I find it rewarding. As you may if you would give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2017, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)