View Single Post

Hi Ed, sorry to hear the sad family news.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car I know it went to a good home. If there was ever a car with a soul I'd say these Porsche turbos are it!

anyway..

If you ever want to charge the battery or just maintain it's charge once a week if you're not driving it you can see a male grounded plug outlet I installed in the left front brake cooling air duct in the fiberglass DP front spoiler

It's wired to the 1.5 amp battery charger/maintainer that is well secured to the top of the battery with velcro on it's entire bottom surface.
The grounded male plug in the air duct is held in place with a stainless steel hose clamp and a home made steel bracket that is attached to the front spoiler by the nut that holds the left front fog light into the recessed fog light space in the front spoiler. It's mounted securely and I think it's a 17 or 19mm wrench size nut.

To charge the battery take the female end of regular outdoor extension cord and push it on the male plug in the left front air duct and the charger will start charging the battery.
Pull the front trunk carpet back so you can see the battery and charger and you'll see the little LED status lights on the charger lit up.
I wouldn't leave it charging all the time because the charger becomes warm. I just used it once a week for a few hours because I wasn't driving the car enough.
I bought the battery new last October or November so it should be good for a while.

Have a good one!
Jim
Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)