View Single Post

Hi Ed, the exhaust butterfly is a few years old and it's from Summit Racing.
You may get it to work again by spraying some WD 40 on the butterfly shaft bushings. Then turn ignition on and with two people have someone push down on the rocker switch while you stick your finger in the exhaust butterfly outlet and push on the butterfly to get it started. It's operated by a stepper motor. With some spray lube I think it will start with a push.

NHS or North Hollywood Speedometer is the place for instrument repair. The VDO boost gauge says NHS on the off white bezels.
I replaced the plastic gear that rots out in the speedometer with a new gear from NHS around 9 or 10 years ago and it worked well until recently. I remember it's driven by a worm gear. I didn't feel like taking it apart again so I don't know why it stopped working around 4 or 5 months ago.

I put Rennline aluminum gauge rings over the original gauge rings so you should pull that off with your fingers before sending the Tach to them. I spray painted them satin black with good paint before installing them because they come shiny clear anodized aluminum when you get them.
It's glued on with a little black silicone glue so it should pry off with your fingers easily. Then glue it back on when you get the gauge back.
good luck with it.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)