View Single Post

The green wire is just a normal wire with a braided shield around it and a special connector on it where it plugs into the dizzy. It just has a braided shield to prevent interference from the plug wires, there is nothing calibrated about it, it just sends the signal to the CDI from the reluctor wheel pickup telling the CDI when to fire. You don't have to cut any of the original wires in the stock bundle and you use the original CDI connector. You buy a 6 pin connector for the MSD side and it plugs into the original CDI harness. The shield on the green wire goes to the violet wire on the MSD and the center wire of the green wire (green/white) goes to the green wire on the MSD. Mine fired up first time, tach works fine , no tach adapter req'd. The only problem I have is the MSD MAP reads 14 psia static when it should read 14.6. I can adjust for that in the boost retard curve but I might just send it back and tell them to send me a good one, I expect spot on acuuracy for what they charge for them.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #421 (permalink)