View Single Post

Update - got the safety inspection done no problem and went for a ride. Got back home, let it idle for a few min., SD and drained the turbo pot. After only 1/2 hr there was 1" oil in the can or about 28 in3. So I'm already over the capacity of the drain pot and lines which is about 22 in3. I got to the dealer at 730 like they told me to but had to wait 1/2 hr for the grumpy old German mechanic to get there (been working on them for 35 yrs) and I watched when he started it and it blew a nice puff of blue smoke . He told me "oil level too high". I set it right above the min line when I changed it at 100 mi and it is still there. Scott - I agree, I've already looked at how I can run a piece of stainless tube from the turbo into the sump plate, that is the best solution I think. Well I already have that $300 Rothsport valve coming so I guess I'll stick that in and see what happens. I have to order a set of 3000- 3800 pills for my rpm switch, I have a 4200 in it now and I'm getting .8 bar in 3rd just over 3k.

Scott - did you use the stock steel sump plate or an aluminum aftermarket to tie your drain line into? Any pics?

Last edited by boosted79; 07-03-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)