View Single Post
boosted79 boosted79 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,337
Solved it and it's my own fault! I decided to go back to the source and look at the fittings that the turbo oil supply line attaches to. The check ball was there but I put it in the wrong spot, I had it right under the oil pressure switch instead of under the fitting that clamps the banjo fitting on the oil line. I remember looking at that on assembly and checking if the ball restricted the supply to the turbo when it was open. No problem there as you can see in the pics. Interestingly the ball still sealed when I blew into the hole where the pressure switch screws in, but obviously it doesn't seal enough to keep the oil from siphoning on SD. Anyway after I assembled it correctly I took it for a run and then drained the pot after SD. This morning there is only 1/4" of oil in the coffee can.
How I assembled it the first time - wrong.

Ball open

Last edited by boosted79; 07-04-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Old 07-04-2017, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)