Thread: EM Turbo Cams
View Single Post

To whom it may concern:

since a couple of years i am a silent member of the forum and i may not hold back my expirence with dirks camshaft.

i got in contact with dirk after i read a couple of posts in the forum and due to the fact, that my car wasnt running quite well (runs well to rich, nearly undrivable after a coldstart) i called him and explaint my problem.

long storry short.

after a couple dyno runs in combination with some adjustmens on my blwur his team figured out the problems and as a result it ended up with 413hp on the flywheel. modification on my car was a Hyward&scott header with 100 cell cat, doughterty 993ss cam, BL wur, 1.0 bar waste gate spring, slightly increased compression close to 8:1, fvd k29/27 turbo and a single mass flywheel.

With this configuration i drove the car 1 year and decided to take the next step.

dirk convinced me to perform a slight head porting in combination with a modification of the cylinder head gasket (nirest-rings or so called “le mans gasket”) and gt-2 head studs (in order to increase safely boost up to 1.2 bar if necessary) to use his camshafts to get the car close to 450hp.

finaly the car produces 469hp (tourque 726 nm) with 1.05-1.15 bar of boost on the dyno.

fantastic!!!!!!!

i honestly have to say that dirk isnt cheap, but if you have played with low priced parts as i did i must say: he isnt expensive and worth it.

also keeping timelines isnt his strength . for instance i was waiting on my car a couple of months but if you have the choice to vist his company and his team you may understand it isnt easy to manage all these crazy projects in combination with different other businesses.

as a result:

modifying these cars and engines ist art and dirk is defintly an artist.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)