View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilcher View Post
Thanks for the info on the filters. I was wondering how to lock bins. Car is running the best it has ever run since I bought it 5 years ago. Can't wait to get into the Boost tuning. We do have some hilly areas around us. I know what I am up to this week.
Buy MLV, it's worth every single penny of $20.

Run a 30 minute datalog AFTER the motor is fully warmed, and work those hills!

Try to get high-RPM with low loads and low-RPM's with high loads (then vise-versa), all over the fuel map to can safely run the engine to.

Run it through MLV and let it propose you a new map.

Trust me, it's great.

The beauty of it is, it's collecting data to target a change. Meaning, if it's 16:1 AFR when your target map is stoch, it can calculate pulse width % change immediately. It also averages the times you crossed that particular load/RPM bin to make a good estimate of the final fuel number change.

Using VEAL, is only as good as you manage to "hang out" in the problem bins slowly changing the numbers.

You can set VEAL to "Easy", but it tends to overshoot trying to tune too rapidly. "Hard" and "Very Hard" requires spending a LONG time in those cells to get it to change.

That's the beauty of MegaLogViewer!

Nearly immediate tune change in seconds!

Last edited by Tippy; 07-09-2017 at 03:58 PM..
Old 07-09-2017, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #317 (permalink)