View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by somoney311 View Post
Norm, I do plan on getting involved. If the car doesn't pass smog when I get there then she gets parked and I will be working on getting things done to her and to see what changes can be made.

Nathan,
Yes she is the last of the 930's but I don't want a stock 930. I respect plenty of people that do that but I am not that kind of guy. As to the value of the car...it only has value if you sell it and I will not do that.

James
My first car was a '69 Karmann Ghia with a 2176cc motor and all kinds of cool modifications. Over a period of 6 or so years my dad I spent approx $35k on the car and when I went to college I got hit by a young girl not looking where she was turning. Instead of just fixing the car I started a never ending project of further customization that ultimately led to me literally throwing the body away and trading the engine for a nice motorcycle. My take away was I should have just simply fixed the car and bought a second car to modify.
Is the fact that it's an '89 930 relevant to your project? Even though you said you wouldn't sell it, would you consider selling it it to buy a cheaper starting point even if it's just an '88 930 for example. Just curious. My Ghia story is one of my life's only regrets and it haunts me to this day.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)