View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
northeast 930'ers outing: Watkins Glen Vintage Festival 9/8 weekend

A bud of mine and I booked adjoining RV sites for U.S. Vintage Grand Prix - Watkins Glen International coming up out of the boot where we always like to awake to the sound of vintage racing.

I'm rustling up a band of merry idiotz to join us there for the weekend for typical shenanigans and debauchery - brought to you by Team Just Not Right.

So far Alex M's IN (not in there, 'Knees) and Tim T's considering, as those guyz I could text the other week. Figured I'd put it out har to the rest of youses as there's a number of yous localish that I know may want IN (again, no 'Knees). What say Will / Jeff / Jacob / Rich / Rey / John P. / MikeD(!) etc etc etc? Heck, I've got an Audiot bud driving out from... Chicago!

For the unwashed, this event is up there with the best events you'll experience. After Friday warmups they drive the racecars a few miles to downtown Main Street where we setup kerbside mit chairs and bevs (open container FTW), and then they do a parade lap of the old 6mi roadcourse - and close Main St. upon return for a show.

Beyond that, the car 'shows' amidst the track infield is a mindfukk itself for the true Petrolhead Gamergeek. We rage Thurs night-Sun, non-stop - it's silly good fun.

We may or may not caravan out together, depending on schedules etc.

Anyone interested, call / text me 860.490.9808.

Hope to see many of YFF's!!! What say you?

Random bits, including an elderly husband/wife's camper rig and the local Gorge for non-petrol related things to do... awake to this:

https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/AF1QipObplmiDd7Dr8yM2WzCL_A_WWqxjzTWVEEtyoTO

Goooooooooooooooood tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimez, cometh!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)