View Single Post
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
I think I am going to put new injectors in it, they have 80k miles on them and I did the cleaning thing and they "looked" ok but not perfect. Or maybe take these to a bosch shop and have them tested and see what they say. Then I'll have to go thru the whole flow balancing thing again. I think I need a new accumulator also, what's a another grand? These cars are like BOATS, Break Out Another Thou.
This. They are 38 year old 80,000 mile injectors. My car runs fine, but when I install the new exhaust and turbo this winter new injectors are going in.

When I worked at a diesel shop, 20 years ago, serviceable injectors needed to be adjusted every 30,000 miles on trucks a year or so old. Added shims and new tips were the norm. The injectors ability to hold pressure on ours is diminished. And I'm sure the spray pattern is bad.

Think of it this way. A mechanical injector is only as good as the pressure it can hold before firing and the cleanliness of the tip. If the injector starts bleeding off fuel or fires before peak pressure is achieved then the atomization of the fuel is diminished. Same with a dirty tip. Poor atomization and burn.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)