Thread: Poor idling 930
View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Pretty sure I have a -145 aluminum USA unit but I wouldn't recommend using it if your engine is modified. Better choice is the -007 which has the Lambda system and frequency valve eliminated. More expensive but they flow more than the -037 Euro FD and they are aluminum. We just replaced a -145 with a -037 Euro FD on a performance build per the owners request so I may be out of those. Bosch is supposed to be providing only ethanol resistant gaskets now but I have no way to confirm that. They had a supplier issue recently that really threw a monkey wrench into the rebuild world. I'm probably a dozen units behind right now but do have a -007. We are thinking very seriously about expanding our CIS capabilities in light of the recent fiasco with Bosch, from diagnostics and modifications to include stock rebuilds. It didn't make sense for us to do stock rebuilds when I have a Bosch rebuilder in my back yard, but the recent failure on their part is not tolerable to our business. We deal with CIS cars on a daily basis and the need to do everything ourselves just keeps growing.

Last edited by RarlyL8; 07-21-2017 at 07:38 PM..
Old 07-21-2017, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)